The Curriculum Overview
At the Skegness Infant and Junior Academies our vision is to create a primary academy that encourages its children to secure key knowledge, be given real experiences and have the opportunity to apply their knowledge in a range of contexts. A key component of our curriculum development is to ensure that the children can have the opportunity to revisit prior learning, ensuring that key facts and vocabulary are secured.
We want to help each child become a caring, confident and curious young person who has a passion for learning and achieving.
We will do this by supporting, guiding and inspiring our children through excellent teaching practices.
By working with our families, we strive to provide inclusive opportunities and shared experiences within the academies where everyone is valued and successes are celebrated.
As part of the Greenwood Academies Trust we benefit from being part of a wider community. Working within a group of East Coast Academies, the East Coast Curriculum Cluster Group meet to skill share, exchange ideas for curriculum development and provide challenge through moderation activities.
• Motivate and challenge our children to achieve academic success.
• Partner with families to create an aspirational school community.
• Appreciate the uniqueness of each child and recognise their potential. Support, guide and inspire through excellent teaching practices.
• Staff have high expectations of themselves and all children.
• Teachers are expected to impart knowledge accurately and with enthusiasm which generates high levels of commitment from children.
• We expect children to make rapid and sustained progress in lessons.
• We expect teachers to support children in developing independence.
• We expect teachers to systematically check understanding, intervening in a timely manner when needed.
• We expect children to be challenged.
• We expect teachers to regularly provide high quality marking and constructive feedback to children.
Our school Values feed into our approach.